BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Dear all,

Can I please ask how do I go about analyse a data with 3 variables as such

-  a 2-block time variable with nth categories ie 12am-2am, 2.01am-4.00am and etc (time).

-  2 count variables, one being the total number of calls made for the ith time category(n) and another one being the cases resolved for the ith time category(x).

I wish to find out the adjusted proportion of cases resolved for each time categories taking into account the number of calls made at the same time. I would think the more calls made the more cases resolved and more weighting for that time slot. Is my proc genmod below correct? Or am i completely off the right track? Any input is greatly appreciated.

proc genmod data=foo;

class time/ param=ref;

model x=time / offset=log_n dist=poisson link=log;

exact time / joint estimate;

run;

2 REPLIES 2
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

It sounds to me like this is a simple logistic model applied to aggregated data.  So, you could use PROC LOGISTIC and events/trials syntax as below.  Unless the data set is small and sparse, the EXACT statement isn't necessary and would probably take too much time.

proc logistic;

class time;

model x/n = time;

run;

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I agree, especially if the denominator is large.  However, if the denominator is less than 50, then the genmod code would be my preference.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation