BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yael
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I am asking for your advice,

I have two independent variables with correlation of 0.5. The variables are as follows:

(1) Family ownership, which refers to the family % in ownership

(2) Founder, dummy variable with 1/0 if the manager is the founder

The correlation is 0.5 as in some firms this is the same person. If I want to check the "PURE" impact of each variable on the dependent variable, what you suggest me to do? (PURE means, for example, the real impact of being founder w/o the ownership too).

My first idea (that also checked) was to run the regression of founder impact only between similar ownship groups, but in this way I am loosing a lot of data that is not used and might help.

Can you please give any clue how to handle with it?

Thanks a lot! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

If I want to check the "PURE" impact of each variable on the dependent variable, what you suggest me to do? (PURE means, for example, the real impact of being founder w/o the ownership too).

In my opinion, this cannot be estimated from the correlated data you have. In other words, the question is meaningless, and any attempts to answer the question exactly as asked are a waste of time.

The best you can do is come up with a model that involves both variables predicting the dependent variable, and not try to determine any "pure" impact.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

If I want to check the "PURE" impact of each variable on the dependent variable, what you suggest me to do? (PURE means, for example, the real impact of being founder w/o the ownership too).

In my opinion, this cannot be estimated from the correlated data you have. In other words, the question is meaningless, and any attempts to answer the question exactly as asked are a waste of time.

The best you can do is come up with a model that involves both variables predicting the dependent variable, and not try to determine any "pure" impact.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation