BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jjadall1
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I have data that I need to do a correlation transformation for.  What is the general code to complete a correlation transformation?  After I receive this, I will try it with my data.

Thanks very much!

Jadallah

6 REPLIES 6
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

That's a very vague phrase "correlation transformation". Could you provide some more information about what it is you want to do?

--
Paige Miller
jjadall1
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Paige,

I have a regression with 5 variables in it.  I need to do a correlation transformation to standardize the variables.  Should I use proc transreg or possibly something like the following?

Data step2;

set "put your data file here";

/* now redefine new variables */

x2n = (x2 - x2bar) / x2sd * 1/sqrt(n-1);

Thanks!

Jadallah

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You could use PROC STANDARD to standardize the variables ...

--
Paige Miller
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

PROC STDIZE has many variable transformations. See the complete list at SAS/STAT(R) 13.1 User's Guide

Are you sure that you want 1/sqrt(n-1) as part of the transformation? The usual standardization is (x-xbar)/std, which is METHOD=STD.

jjadall1
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Rick,

Do you have a phone number where I can call you to discuss around 1 PM EST?

Thanks!

Jadallah

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

No. I do not give personal advice, but I am happy to answer questions on the online forums.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation