BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
iank131
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Can someone tell me how I can calculate in SAS 9.2 a p-value if I already have the t-statistic (and other sample statistics such as mean, sample size, degrees of freedom, etc). There are internet sites where you just give the t-stat, degrees of freedom, and select one or two-tail test and you get the desired p-value. It is just a look up table operation. How do you do this in SAS?

I know PROC MEANS can calculate p-values using the PRT option and giving the sample data etc, but it is not helpful in my (simple) problem. My t-stat comes from an event study in which I calculate the Patell t-statistic using other characteristics of the sample. All I need to do is convert it to a p-value.

Thanks.

Ian.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
iank131
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Arthur. I knew the answer was as simple as that. I just couldn't find the function.

This is the good thing about this forum. Really fast responses!! Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Ian.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation