BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
THS
Calcite | Level 5 THS
Calcite | Level 5

Hello~

I'm trying to estimate the Odds ratio of a treatment after adjusting confounding factors in a 1:2 matched data sets (ex file in the attachement)

Due to the dependence between these data, I'm using conditional logistic regression as statistical method.

PROC Logistic & PROC GENMOD all seems able to deal with matched data well but reported differently.
I'm wondering what is the difference between proc logistic  & proc genmod for dealing with matched data
and which would be better or more accurate ? .

## ex data set:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3b4yglsofsr4u4/ex.sas7bdat?dl=0

Treatment option: Tx; Outcome: Outcome;  Confounding factors: B1, C1, B1*Tx;

MATCH_IDC1B1TxOUTCOMESTR

## The Code I used in PROC Logistic for conditional logistic regression;

PROC LOGISTIC DATA= EX ;

class Tx(REF='0') B1(REF='0')  /param=ref;

MODEL OUTCOME(EVENT='0')= Tx B1 C1 B1*Tx  / expb  ;

strata match_ID;

run;

## The Code I used in PROC GENMOD for 1:2 matched data ;

PROc GENMOD DATA=ex;

CLASS MATCH_ID Tx(REF='0') B1(REF='0') /param=ref;

MODEL OUTCOME  =Tx B1 C1 B1*Tx  /dist=BIN link=logit  ;

repeated subject=MATCH_ID/type=exch;

run;

Sincerely thanks for your help ~

1 REPLY 1
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

The two procedures use entirely different estimation methods.  Conditional logistic regression in PROC LOGISTIC maximizes a conditional likelihood, while PROC GENMOD uses the Generalized Estimating Equations (GEE) method which is not a likelihood-based method. These methods, and others, are compared in the book "Logistic Regression Using SAS: Theory and Application, Second Edition," (Allison, P., SAS Institute, 2012). 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation