BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
longitudinal
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear Community,

I am wondering if SAS has similar approximation procedure when fits the conditional logistic regression as R does?

I.e. In R, there is an option to specify likelihood approximation method as "efron" or "breslow".

I don't think PROC LOGISTIC has this option.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11
Sorry, I made a typing error. dummytime should be 1 for cases and 2 for controls (not 0). And the dummytime should be censored, so no riskset after 1:
model dummytime*dummytime(2)/ties=discrete

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

There are several proc that perform logistic regression, PROC GLM and PHREG are others.

This may be what you're looking for:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/68162/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_phreg_exampl...

JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

It is true that proc logistic can not make the Breslow or Efron approximation. But, construction af variable "dummytime" with values 1 for cases and 0 for controls, and analyze this as survival analysis is equivalent to conditional logistic regression when using the option ties=discrete in PROC PHREG. If, instead, the option ties=breslow (default) or ties=efron is used, then you have the approximation.

JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11
Sorry, I made a typing error. dummytime should be 1 for cases and 2 for controls (not 0). And the dummytime should be censored, so no riskset after 1:
longitudinal
Fluorite | Level 6

I assume it should be the same as 

model dummytime*Y(0)/ties=discrete

given that Y is binary with value 1 and 0?

JacobSimonsen
Barite | Level 11

Yes, that wil work also. If those with dummytime=2 is the same as those with Y=0, then

model dummytime*Y(0)/ties=discrete

is equivalent to

given of course that the rest has dummytime=1.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation