Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Complex survey data design setup in SAS: How to handle certainty primary sampling units (PSUs)?

Occasional Contributor

Complex survey data design setup in SAS: How to handle certainty primary sampling units (PSUs)?

[ Edited ]

Hello, I am trying to recreate an analysis of a complex survey dataset in SAS that was previously analyzed in R and Stata.  While the point estimates are correct, the standard errors and confidence limits are close, but not exact.  In looking for possible explanations for this, I realized I was not able to apply a setting for certainty primary sampling units (PSUs) that was included in the R and Stata code.  Is there a way to set up the survey design in SAS that would be the equivalent of R's

options(survey.lonely.psu = "certainty")

or the "singleunit(certainty)" setting at the end of the line below in Stata?

svyset caseid [pweight=wt_a], strata(strata) vce(linearized) singleunit(certainty)

I came across the CERTSIZE parameter in PROC SURVEYSELECT, but I believe I would be looking for a setting that would apply to PROC SURVEYMEANS and PROC SURVEYFREQ.

For reference, I am not an experienced survey data analyst, but have been a SAS user for years.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation