BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
masterasb
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am looking to compare the variance of lab values across categories of individuals. There are three categories, and the lab values are a continuous variable. Each patient has multiple lab values (repeated measurements, order of measurements does not matter, different number of measurements per patient). A colleague suggested using a mixed effects model, such as this:

PROC GLIMMIX DATA=data;

MODEL lab =;

RANDOM _residual_  / subject=subject type=cs;

RANDOM intercept / subject=category type=un(1);

RUN;

Essentially, applying an R-Side random effect at the individual level, and a G-Side random effect at the category level. I cannot find which output options will give me the variances for each category and the associated standard errors or test statistics. I am also wondering if there is another way to do this without such a complicated model that will be less smidifficult to explain to my co-investigators.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation