BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jdobiecki_charter_net
Calcite | Level 5

Can someone please provide direction on how to compare two different slopes from two different regression curves for equivalency?  I have data sets with one response and the effect being time.  I have another effect, manufacturer that I want to include to see if there's any difference in the two different regression curves by manufacuturer.  I believe I want to perform an Analysis of Covarience, but can't locate where it is (Using Jmp Ver 8.0.2).  Hope someone can help me.

7 REPLIES 7
gergely_batho
SAS Employee

Just use the Fit Model platform.

Include the 2 effects, and also the interaction. If the interaction (time*manufacturer) is significant, then there is difference in the slope.

Jdobiecki_charter_net
Calcite | Level 5

Gergely,

Thanks for the reply.  So as to be certain, I would add the response (call it activity) as my Y variable and the products age (in months) and the manufacture (a nominal charatcter) as construct model effects?  Or do I have to make the manufactures a numeric/nominal value?

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

Yes.

If manufacturer is numeric, be careful that its modelling type is nominal.

If manufacturer is character it will be automatically nominal.

Jdobiecki_charter_net
Calcite | Level 5

Gergely,

thanks so much for your help.

Here's what I then get (Hope it's readable).  I don't see the interaction you previously mentioned - (time*manufacturer) given.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

img20150120_10543817.jpg

img20150120_10494726.jpg

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

Hi,

I don't have JMP right now (and I am using JMP 11), but somewhere in the dialog where you inclue model effects, you can also include the interaction.

In JMP 11 you need to highlight the effects (one effect on the right, one on the left pane), and then click "cross".

Jdobiecki_charter_net
Calcite | Level 5

That's what I thought.  I'll check it out.  Probably time to upgrade.  You've been a big help.

Reeza
Super User

You should post JMP questions to the JMP forum:

https://community.jmp.com/community/discussions

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation