Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Compare two coefficients for the same variable between two separate datasets

New Contributor

Compare two coefficients for the same variable between two separate datasets

Hi!

I would like to compare the effects of variables between men and women to see whether the effects of the same variable on a dependent variable are different by sex. So I construct men's and women's data, respectively. In my research, a response variable is obesity(0=obese, 1=normal) and I run a logistic analysis.

I get the following results:

Men               Women                        Men vs. Women

Education   -.037(.002)***      -.047(.011)***              significant difference?

Income       -.122(.003)**       -.075(.032)***              significant difference?

I can say that education and income are related to obesity for both men and women. However, I also wonder whether there is a difference of the effects of education and income on obesity between men and women. This requires a comparison of two coefficients from men and women for the same variable. How can I test whether there is a difference of coefficients for each variable, education and income between men and women in SAS?

Thanks!

Contributor

Re: Compare two coefficients for the same variable between two separate datasets

From the dataset, education is categorical variable is it correct?
If there is a chance can you share the data?
Grand Advisor

Re: Compare two coefficients for the same variable between two separate datasets

[ Edited ]
You need combine  men's and women's data into one table, and use ESTIMATE .

class SEX;
estimate 'F vs M' sex 1 -1 ;

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation