BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
eunkisoo
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I would like to compare the effects of variables between men and women to see whether the effects of the same variable on a dependent variable are different by sex. So I construct men's and women's data, respectively. In my research, a response variable is obesity(0=obese, 1=normal) and I run a logistic analysis.

I get the following results:

Men               Women                        Men vs. Women

Education   -.037(.002)***      -.047(.011)***              significant difference?

Income       -.122(.003)**       -.075(.032)***              significant difference?

I can say that education and income are related to obesity for both men and women. However, I also wonder whether there is a difference of the effects of education and income on obesity between men and women. This requires a comparison of two coefficients from men and women for the same variable. How can I test whether there is a difference of coefficients for each variable, education and income between men and women in SAS?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
lakshmi_74
Quartz | Level 8
From the dataset, education is categorical variable is it correct?
If there is a chance can you share the data?
Ksharp
Super User
You need combine  men's and women's data into one table, and use ESTIMATE .

class SEX;
estimate 'F vs M' sex 1 -1 ;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation