BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ahoeweler
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I want to compare the goodness of fit of a MNL model, that I conducted through proc phreg and ties=breslow and a HB model that I conducted through proc bchoice.

Which is the easiest way to compare the goodness of fit of those two models and how to I implement them in the codes?
I head that the Bayesian Information Criterion is useful but I couldn't find how you include it in the above named procedures.

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
amyshi
SAS Employee

There is DIC in BCHOICE that you can use to compare models.

Amy

Amy Shi 

SAS

ahoeweler
Calcite | Level 5

Hi amyshi,

thanks for your answer, but how to I call the DIC measure in the MNL model that I call through the proc phreg command with the ties=breslow option? Because as far as I understood, the DIC measure is for Bayesian models but not for exclusive MNL models.

Best,

Alex

amyshi
SAS Employee

BCHOICE fits both MNL with fixed effects only and HB MNL with random effects. The fixed effects only model should agree with PHREG. So just use BCHOICE for choice data.

I am part of the Bayesian Statistical Modeling group at SAS R&D that is responsible for developing the BCHOICE and MCMC procedures.

If you are interested and have more questions about BCHOICE, please write to me directly at amy.shi@sas.com

Thanks,

Amy

amy.shi@sas.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation