BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rdwest
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,

I have multi-category choice data that involve several dimensions of complexity. The data are a panel (varying both cross-sectionally and across multiple time periods), and there are frequently multiple choices made per chooser in a single time period. The possible responses are a set of seven unordered categories.

I have been using PROC LOGISTIC, and link=glogit to estimate a multinomial logit model, and including a time identifier directly as a variable in the regression. The latter is a cheap remedy to account for the time-series element of the dataset, but no account is made in this context for the non-independence of certain observations in the same time-period. Ideally, I think, I would use a panel specification, and cluster on the chooser ID (is this right?). However, I have not come across a way to define strata for an unordered multinomial logit model, nor have I seen an explicit way to distinguish the dataset as a panel in SAS.

Does anyone have insight into either of these issues?

Many thanks,
R.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation