BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

As a watch out, be aware that the output changes in 9.4/12.3 from 9.3/12.1 for the following (buried inside a macro

proc glimmix data=for_Stats1 ic=pq;

by param ;

nloptions tech=nrridg;

class grp_no studyday anml_nbr ;

model value = grp_no

studyday

grp_no*studyday

/ ddfm=kr2;

random studyday /residual type=&covtype subject= anml_nbr(grp_no) group=grp_no;

%if "&covtype" = "AR(1)" OR "&covtype" = "ARH(1)" %then %do;

random intercept/subject=anml_nbr(grp_no) group=grp_no;

%end;

covtest homogeneity;

ods output fitstatistics = &outdata._a convergencestatus = &outdata.status ; 

run;

If &covtype is AR(1) or ARH(1), then under 9.3/12.1, a separate intercept is reported for each grp_no.  However, under 9.4/12.3, I do not get separate estimates, only a pooled estimate, almost as if the group= option was ignored.

Steve Denham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I would like to thank the good folks at technical support (and in particular, Jill) for taking the time to work on this, when the problem is with my code and NOT an inconsistency between versions.  So, I apologize to everyone, and remind us all:  If you do something more than once in a program using a PROC, make sure the syntax used is IDENTICAL, as even small differences can make you insane.  And in particular, if you apply the group= option in one RANDOM statement, make sure you apply it in all of the RANDOM statements if you are fitting an AR + random effect model.

Steve Denham

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think you should report this to technical support.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

- That was my first step after the great gnashing of teeth and rending of garments this morning.  Figured I should get the news out here as well.

Steve Denham

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I would like to thank the good folks at technical support (and in particular, Jill) for taking the time to work on this, when the problem is with my code and NOT an inconsistency between versions.  So, I apologize to everyone, and remind us all:  If you do something more than once in a program using a PROC, make sure the syntax used is IDENTICAL, as even small differences can make you insane.  And in particular, if you apply the group= option in one RANDOM statement, make sure you apply it in all of the RANDOM statements if you are fitting an AR + random effect model.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation