BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kbry1180
Calcite | Level 5

I am running OLS regressions with many categorical variables as independent variables.  I read other posts saying that using Proc GLM can make this process easier especially when there are many categorical variables within a category.  I am seeing if there is a way to manually choose which categorical variable I want to omit, i.e. choose as the reference variable.  

2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

If proc glm, you can specify which level of a class variable is the reference with option REF=

class sex(ref='M');

PG
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

And for procedures that do not support the REF= option, see this Usage Note about how to set the reference level.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation