BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sujithpeta
Quartz | Level 8

Hello SAS World,

I'm trying to find a best matching technique, I found the following SAS Macro (Reducing Bias in a Propensity Score Matched-Pair Sample Using Greedy Matching Techniques) to help me do greedy matching. The Macro helps me to do basic matching but I can't specify certain conditions.

I want the case and control to matched based on the variables "Gender", "Age", "CCI Score" & "Cost". I want to tell SAS match based on the criterias in following order.

1. First, match same gender.
  2. Second, not to consider any control for a case if the "Cost" difference between case and potential control is more than +/- 20%
  3. Third, of the controls within +/- 20% use the closest propensity score to create a match.

Thanks a ton in advance!

--Sujith

1 REPLY 1
tamhane
Obsidian | Level 7

Here are some papers

1. Using SASÒ to Match Cases for Case Control Studies by Kawabata et al.

2. Using SAS® Software to Perform a Case-Control Match on Propensity Score in an Observational Study by Parsons.

3. SAS® Programs to Select Controls for Matched Case-Control Studies by Matthews and Brill

4. Matching Data Using SAS! Programming and Human Judgment by Go.

5. Simplified Matched Case-Control Sampling using PROC SURVEYSELECT by Disekar

6. Incidence-Density Sampling: Alternative Programming Approaches to Achieve the Same End by Gately and Tumbull

7. Automating the Selection of Controls in Case-Control Studies by Mounib

8. An Introduction to Matching and its Application using SAS® by Mandrekar

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation