BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dozel
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I created an excel (.xlsx) file with Office 360. I tried to import this file with the wizard, but the file doesn't show in the saved folder after clicking the browse, even I selected "all files" as the file type.

I also tried to used the code

proc import out=auto_excel

datafile = "D:\Users\xxxxxx\Desktop\school\intro_auto.xlsx"

dbms=excel replace; getnames=yes;

run;

proc print data=auto_excel;

run;

It shows "It does not  exist or it is already opened

exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."

I unblocked this file in the properties of the file.

What can I do? Help please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are remoting into a server with Citrix then running SAS directly on that server then your spreadsheet would have to sit on a drive accessible by that server.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
art297
Opal | Level 21

Out of curiosity: are you running SAS on a server and are you referring to the same D drive as the one (if any) that the server recognizes?

Dozel
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Arthur,

I'm running SAS on CitrixReceiver through school's account.

art297
Opal | Level 21

When prompted whether you want to provide access to local drives did you click "yes"?.

Here is one faq that might help:

Connecting from Home – WebFAS | Computing @ York

Dozel
Calcite | Level 5

I think I know what the problem is now.

I didn't pay attention last time. When I click browse, it shows the directory of my school id account. i.e. It's the student's account under school's server (windows server 12). Thus, I wasn't browsing local directory. And I couldn't figure out a way to do that yet.

Arthur, I think your input is very relevant. However, I didn't see that prompt. I re-installed CitrixReceiver just in case I missed that part, still no.

Thank you.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are remoting into a server with Citrix then running SAS directly on that server then your spreadsheet would have to sit on a drive accessible by that server.

BurntDirt
Calcite | Level 5

Using SAS 9.4 on a 64-bit server, try

dbms=excelcs

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation