Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Can PROC IRT be used for a scoring run?

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can PROC IRT be used for a scoring run?

Can PROC IRT be used for a scoring run? If I ran a calibration on a large sample with an item bank, and then stored those item parameters, can I then apply those item parameters to another sample? Essentially, this is using PROC IRT with fixed item parameters so that I can estimate person ability scores using the known item characteristics.

I have searched the documentation, but cannot find a way to fix item parameters (even though I can in other procedures, like CALIS and MIXED).

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-30-2016 10:35 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Can PROC IRT be used for a scoring run?

Here is a link to the PROC IRT documentation.

Use the OUTMODEL= option to create a SAS data set that contains the parameter estimates for the model.

Then use the INMODEL(SCORE)= option in a separate call to score a new set of data..

The doc for the INMODEL= option has the details.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎11-30-2016 10:35 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Here is a link to the PROC IRT documentation.

Use the OUTMODEL= option to create a SAS data set that contains the parameter estimates for the model.

Then use the INMODEL(SCORE)= option in a separate call to score a new set of data..

The doc for the INMODEL= option has the details.

New Contributor

Thanks for the INMODEL hint. I used that for a search and found a worked example: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/68162/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_irt_examples...
☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation