BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LeeBranumMartin
Calcite | Level 5

Can PROC IRT be used for a scoring run? If I ran a calibration on a large sample with an item bank, and then stored those item parameters, can I then apply those item parameters to another sample? Essentially, this is using PROC IRT with fixed item parameters so that I can estimate person ability scores using the known item characteristics.

I have searched the documentation, but cannot find a way to fix item parameters (even though I can in other procedures, like CALIS and MIXED).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Here is a link to the PROC IRT documentation.

Use the OUTMODEL= option to create a SAS data set that contains the parameter estimates for the model.

Then use the INMODEL(SCORE)= option in a separate call to score a new set of data..

The doc for the INMODEL= option has the details.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Here is a link to the PROC IRT documentation.

Use the OUTMODEL= option to create a SAS data set that contains the parameter estimates for the model.

Then use the INMODEL(SCORE)= option in a separate call to score a new set of data..

The doc for the INMODEL= option has the details.

LeeBranumMartin
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the INMODEL hint. I used that for a search and found a worked example: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/68162/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_irt_examples...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation