BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
joe66
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I am not sure whether SAS can handle more than one predictor variables in Causalmed procedure. The case is : I got a three level categorical predictor, and created two binary variables on the basis of this three level categorical predictor variable, may I include the two binary predictor variables in Causalmed procedure?

All the examples about Causalmed in SAS manual only have one predictor.

Thanks,

Joe 

3 REPLIES 3
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

CAUSALMED can handle more than one predictor variable or covariate in the MODEL statement or as predictors for the mediator variable.  But it can handle only one mediator variable like in this example.

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetVersion=14.3&docsetTarget=statug_causalmed_ex...

joe66
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rob,

It seems that SAS can not handle more than one treatment variable in Causalmed procedure, as I got the error message "ERROR: You cannot specify more than one treatment (predictor) variable on the right-hand side of the MEDIATOR statement." when I included two treatment variables in model statement and mediator statement. Please advise.

Thanks,

Joe

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation