BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vandhan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello There,

I have calculated using Proc Means procedure.

Now I wanted to Calculate Percentage for this CIs.

How would I compute percentage (%)  for 95% CIs  I am cluless seeing first time.

Please help.

TRT A         TRT B

95% CI  (x.xx, x.xx)   (x.xx, x.xx)
CI[%]        XX.X             XX.X

7 REPLIES 7
vandhan
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your reply on this.

I see it is giving just CIs. I would want calculate % Percentage for those CIs.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@vandhan wrote:

Thanks for your reply on this.

I see it is giving just CIs. I would want calculate % Percentage for those CIs.

I'm afraid I don't understand the meaning of "% Percentage" in the context of confidence intervals. This is not a statistical phrase that I have ever seen.

--
Paige Miller
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I don't understand your question. Could you provide an example? For example, what sort of output would you want for the following example?

data Have;
call streaminit(1);
do i = 1 to 20;
   Trt = "A";    x = rand("uniform");
   output;
end;
do i = 1 to 15;
   Trt = "B";    x = 0.5 + rand("uniform");
   output;
end;
drop i;
run;

proc means data=Have mean LCLM UCLM;
class Trt;
var x;
run;

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Maybe we are having a communication issue. You say "I would want calculate % Percentage for those CIs," but we don't know what that means.  

A confidence interval is an interval estimate for a parameter. In 95% of random samples, the 95% CI will contain the true parameter for a population that satisfies the assumptions of the method.

Are you asking "how many data values are inside the 95% CI"?  Statistically speaking, that is a question that doesn't provide any insight into the inference. It is an irrelevant question.

vandhan
Fluorite | Level 6
In my question there is a mock i given. i want second row to be calculated. First row CIs comes from lcm option in Mean Lower and Upper CIs.
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

My previous post includes simulated data that has 35 observations. Please use that data to show what percentages you want to get for the second row.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation