BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VLange
Calcite | Level 5
I'm a new user to SAS and am attempting to teach myself at the same time I'm under some pressure to produce some results. As such, I'd appreciate help with the following procedure.

I would like to bootstrap sample a dataset x number of times using some strata variables I need to maintain the portions of (simulating quotas). I would like the results of this sampling to be output into a single dataset, with the results of each iteration in a different data column. This output could be as few as two variables from the original dataset.

Alternatively, I would not need this output if it would be possible to, following the sampling procedure, summarize the mean frequency and variance for each value of a categorical variable.

I appreciate any guidance you can provide.
3 REPLIES 3
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
Sorry, I cannot give you any encouragement. This is a tall order for people who are experienced programmers.

You would probably need a macro to iterate over the different bootstrap samples, compute the desired statistics, and store the results. Then you would have to summarize the results.

There are examples on the web, for instance http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi29/193-29.pdf. I don't know if that helps or not, as I said you need to be a relatively experienced programmer to make this work. Message was edited by: Paige
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Vlange,

SAS has a bootstrap macro:

http://support.sas.com/kb/24/982.html

However, I agree it is not so simple to use it.

Sincerely,
SPR
Reeza
Super User
Look up a paper Don't be Loopy on this site it has a lot of helpful hints.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation