BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Doug____
Pyrite | Level 9

I've seen similar posts but I am trying to determine if there is a simpler method for this:

1. Create log10 transformed values of x

2. Process through PROC MEANS to obtain mean, sd, median, min max

3. Raise each of the quantities in (2) to 10**(mean), etc. to get "mean", "SD", "min", and "max" values

4. Calculate dispersion factors

-All quantities based on output from Means procedure in step 2

dfplus=(10**mean)+(10**(mean+sd)-10**(mean));

dfminus=(10**mean)-(10**(mean)-10**(mean-sd));

Since I need to calculate grand mean, sd, min, max, dfplus, and dfminus by anaysis category, is there a way I can reduce the number of steps?

4 REPLIES 4
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I don't understand what your question has to do with the title of this post, "Factor analysis using maximum likelihood estimation."

What are you trying to accomplish? What variables are you using in the factor analysis?

Doug____
Pyrite | Level 9

I chose the incorrect select - can I edit the post so it will show up in the correct location?

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Sure. You are welcome to edit the post title, add details, clarify your questions, and so forth.

Ksharp
Super User

Here could get you many statistical estimators .

data class;
 set sashelp.class;
 log_height=log(height);
run;
proc univariate data=class outtable=want noprint;
var log_height;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation