BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yiferic
Calcite | Level 5
I think there's supposed to be a way to have sas automatically do backwards elimination in proc reg, but is there a way to do it in proc mixed? Our main issue is we have a lot of variables and we are not sure whether the cross terms are significant or not.
3 REPLIES 3
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
There is no direct way to do this with MIXED. This is a nontrivial matter, and there are lots of things to consider. There is a nice procedure called GLMSELECT for linear model selection, but only for fixed effects. A fascinating macro has been written to do what you are asking. See:
http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2007/191-2007.pdf
for a description. I have not used it, and it looks like it takes a lot of effort to set up and get to run (initially). But the output, including graphics, look great.
yiferic
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks, will try it out and update.
yiferic
Calcite | Level 5
I'm going to stick with glmselect, the script posted by Prof Fernandez is not very easy to use.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation