BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
issac
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone;

Am working with 9.3 version. I just wonder if we could use where and array statements in proc nlmixed and if that's possible where to put them?

Thanks!

Issac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

The ARRAY statement is documented in the manual.  Note that it is different than the ARRAY statement in a data step.

What do you want the WHERE statement to do?  For most procedures that simply subset the data being read from the input dataset.

I would normally place it immediately after the PROC statement, but in many procedures it does not matter where it is placed. 

proc nlmixed data=mydata ... ;

where id > 1000 ;

run;

You can also code a WHERE condition using a data set option on the input file.

proc nlmixed data=mydata(where=(id > 1000)) ... ;

run;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

The ARRAY statement is documented in the manual.  Note that it is different than the ARRAY statement in a data step.

What do you want the WHERE statement to do?  For most procedures that simply subset the data being read from the input dataset.

I would normally place it immediately after the PROC statement, but in many procedures it does not matter where it is placed. 

proc nlmixed data=mydata ... ;

where id > 1000 ;

run;

You can also code a WHERE condition using a data set option on the input file.

proc nlmixed data=mydata(where=(id > 1000)) ... ;

run;

issac
Fluorite | Level 6

Tom;

By ARRAY I want to do some programming in the body of proc nlmixed, but I guess if I can do it in the data step, it cost much less time since it needs to be done one time. So I go better off switch to data step.

Also by means of WHERE I exactly want sub setting of data set being processed by nlmixed and not sure where to put it. But now I know.

Thanks so much Tom;

Issac  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation