BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I was looking for example (or a case study) to implement Anocova technique in my data which holds customer transaction data?

Please someone help me in this regards.

5 REPLIES 5
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Without more detail to your query, it is had to do much more than point you to the proper procedure and tell you to read the documentation.

ANCOVA is a special case of the General Linear Model.  If straightforward, I might first approach it using PROC GLM.  If you do a Google search for

ancova site:sas.com

you will find a number of relevant hits that your data might fit into.

If your transaction data has repeats within customer then you might be in the area of mixed models.  The Google search I mentioned also includes some references to those.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I read the ANCOVA procedure and was looking to implement with my available data. I searched for the documentation and couldn't figure out the complete one.

May I request you to provide me the link to utilize the example which you want me to look for?

Thanks in advance.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

To repeat, "Without more detail to your query, it is had to do much more than point you to the proper procedure and tell you to read the documentation."

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

How to select the covariate for ANOCOVA? Is that OK if it is continuous and linearly related to the dependent varaible?

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The covariates are selected based on the science of the problem.  The covariate is expected to be continuous* and it's relationship to the dependent variable is assumed to be linear.

*by the Central Limit Theorem, a binary (0/1 coded) covariate meets the criteria if the sample size is sufficient.  For 'how big is big enough', you need to reference some of the linear models textbooks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation