BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PsycResearcher
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

When doing Tukey's HSD, SPSS gives the results of a homogeneous subset (ie., categorizing different groups into different subsets). Just wonder if the same analyses can be done in SAS? If so, how to write the syntax for this?

Thanks,

Chester

4 REPLIES 4
art297
Opal | Level 21

I'm not certain, but I think you are looking for the LINES option.  Take a look at: http://udel.edu/~mcdonald/statanovaunplanned.html

Ksharp
Super User

Yes. proc glm can do it. If you want "multi-compare".

But I am not sure whether it is you find.

Ksharp

PsycResearcher
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ksharp,

I am not sure what is "multi-compare". What I want is "homogeneous subsets", which look like the last table in the webpage:

http://webpub.allegheny.edu/dept/psych/SPSS/SPSS1bANOVA.html

The reason I ask for this kind of output is that I encountered the situation like this: I have five groups of people (A, B, C, D, and E). B differ from every other group. A does not differ from C, D, and E. However, C differ from D and E, and D do not differ from E. I have lots of analysis results like this, and found it extremely difficult to report them. Therefore, if I can use homogeneous subset (or other possible solutions) then that will be useful.

To art297: I will try your method and see if it works! Thanks!

Chester

Ksharp
Super User

Yes. If it were ANOVA. The more information please check the documentation about proc glm.

proc glm;

class A B;

model Y=A B A*B;

means A B / tukey;

means A*B;

run;

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation