BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RobertNYC
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all, 

I am no stats expert so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I’m working on a post-campaign analysis to determine if any measured sales lift (sales lift per audience) is significant between test and control treatment groups.   From what I have been reading, I believe you could potentially use an Anova or Ancova to run a post-campaign analysis to determine if any measured sales lift is above or below a standard deviation or margin of error (but I'm not sure how to do that)?  

My question is, does this make sense?  I’m never run an ANOVA is SAS in there any sample code that one can share?   

Thanks so mush! 

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

I would start with Proc Anova if I wanted to run an Anova

If you look in the online help there are several examples and if you have a default BASE SAS install the online help has a section called "Learning to use SAS" that has a section on the Anova Procedure.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

However, be awar that PROC ANOVA is for balanced designs where the sample size is the same in both groups.

If that condition does not hold, use PROC GLM.  You can also use the TTEST procedure to test for differences in the group means.

For a reference, you can browse the section "Introduction to Analysis of Variance Procedures" in the SAS/STAT User's Guide.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation