SAS Risk Dimensions, SAS High Performance Risk, SAS Enterprise GRC and other banking and insurance solutions

Scenario SAS10007 functionality in SAS Anti Money Laundering Solution

New Contributor

Scenario SAS10007 functionality in SAS Anti Money Laundering Solution

In SAS Anti Money Laundering Solution, there is an out-of-box scenario SAS10007. In this scenario, structuring index is defined using some set of calculations as below:

p10007_curr_index = (p10007_x**2 * p10007_y**1.9)/((20000 - p10007_x)**1.6 * (p10007_z**1.4));

What is the business logic behind the same? In standard version, the parameter p10007_structure_index was configured as '20'. How should it be tuned to get better results for this scenario?

Respected Advisor

Re: Scenario SAS10007 functionality in SAS Anti Money Laundering Solution

Which AML version are you talking about?

The business logic for the scenario parameters is documented in the Scenanrio Admin Guide. I can't find a pararameter p10007_curr_index documented.

Should such a parameter exists in the actual OOTB scenario code then I'd suggest you contact SAS TechSupport as this would be a documentation defect. 

As for scenario tuning: That's something which always needs to happen onsite in some sort of discovery environment as what's "right" really depends on the actual data.

New Contributor

Capture_10007.JPG

Thanks @Patrick for your response. At parameter level, it is given as p10007_structure_index (snip from scenario admin guide attached above) and this parameter is compared with p10007_curr_index calculated at code level using the formula given in question. Actually, it's a very lengthy calculation and I haven't found any information for purpose/business meaning of doing such a lengthy calculation. Can you please help me with that else I will refer to SAS Support (as suggested by you).

Respected Advisor

I don't know more about this scenario and don't have more information than you do. If you can't make sense of the logic used then yes, contact SAS Tech Support. 

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation