BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kheger
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

Can you please let me know what does the date format setting (under the user Preferences tab) affect?

At the moment when changing the options, the UI remais the same.

Kind regards,

Karin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
J_Myers
SAS Employee

I discussed this question with EGRC R&D. EGRC does not use the date format from the Preferences app. It uses the locale setting from Preferences, and the locale is used to format dates, based on the JVM settings for the locale.

Just to clarify, the Preferences is part of a shared application framework.  It's possible that other SAS web applications use the Date setting from the Preferences app. 

I know that EGRC uses the locale setting from Preferences, as well as the Notification setting for how the user wants to receive notifications.  They might also use some other settings, but I'm not sure.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This forum is for SAS Enterprise Guide, not EGRC.  But I'll see if I can chase down the answer for you.  If you need an immediate response, contact SAS Technical Support.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
kheger
Fluorite | Level 6

Many thanks for your reply. Is there a forum for EGRC I can post this question to?

M_Proctor
SAS Employee

There will be one shortly.  We are working on it and will move this thread when it is available.

M_Proctor
SAS Employee

Hi Karen, I saw your code name, Orbit, and immidately knew you are from RBS.  Welcome to the community!  We'll get you an answer shortly.

J_Myers
SAS Employee

I discussed this question with EGRC R&D. EGRC does not use the date format from the Preferences app. It uses the locale setting from Preferences, and the locale is used to format dates, based on the JVM settings for the locale.

Just to clarify, the Preferences is part of a shared application framework.  It's possible that other SAS web applications use the Date setting from the Preferences app. 

I know that EGRC uses the locale setting from Preferences, as well as the Notification setting for how the user wants to receive notifications.  They might also use some other settings, but I'm not sure.

kheger
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for clarifying this, it is really helpful.

However, the SAS Enterprise GRC 5.1 User's Guide describes the functionality differently. 

It may be worth to align it, as it can be considered a bug otherwise.

J_Myers
SAS Employee

Thank you for pointing out the discrepancy in the documentation. I've opened a documentation defect to correct it.