11-06-2013 06:04 AM
I am getting problems during sas 9.3 egrc configuration.
The procedure i followed is -
1. installed Oracle 11g with database instance name "orcl" and copied the ojdbc6.jar in a directory.
2. installed (before configuration) SAS 9.3 planned installation (other required third party softwares are installed).
3. then run the dbscripts of oracle ( on sql plus -> @PrepareDatabase.sql egrcuser (where "egrcuser" is username ) ), hence egrcuser is created with username and password as "egrcuser".
4. then on base sas I tried libname statement to connect egrcuser and it is connecting properly.
5. then I start configuration step for sas 9.3 egrc (planned).
6. In web infrastructure platform database properties page, I gave the parameters :
hostname : <fully qualified host name of oracle>
username : egrcuser
password : egrcuser
database name : orcl
jdbc path : ojdbc6.jar path
7. During Configuration, in Start Spawner stage -> Web Infrastructure Platform, I met the error, database "orcl" does not exist on host "<my host name>" on port 1521.
The snapshot of the error and corresponding log is attached.
Plz help me coz I am stucked here and not getting any solution.....:smileyconfused:
Thanks for helping...
11-06-2013 03:40 PM
GRC 5.1 is build on 9.3 BI DI with several add-ons. That is why you need the Oacle (or SQL server) as shared services.
The oprisk data is coming in on monthly schedule. See the requirements.
Did you check the BI/DI part? There are lot of messages on that part.
Did you you check your oracle (TNSPING) and the dba has defined all necessary parts at oracle (use sqldeveloper...)
11-07-2013 12:59 AM
TNSPING on my database is working fine. My oracle db is connecting with base sas properly with shared services user. Please check the log I ve attached, some information is there .
11-07-2013 02:51 PM
Narenda, I cannot check the detailed installation instructions you have access to.
I am trying to help you in a root-cause analyses of your issue by splitting up the problem in smaller parts and verifying something is working.
I do not know anything of your understanding of a SAS solution build wiht extensions on a BI/Di server approach.
Your installation log is filled with a lot of errors on the BI/DI server part. Is that part working?
You are mentioning using SAS-base I did not read EGuide accessing the EGRC metadataserver. That one should work as part of the BI/Di server
The SAS-webtier (the part with jboss) is on top of that. Does that one work?.
The shared services is used as part of EGRC inside the java-container. Does the machine where this is runing having access to the Oracle DBMS?
This is different with the possible firewalls behind letting go your workstation but possible blocking the server. By that the tnsping shuld run from the webtier machine.
The DBMS-Oracle is used by EGRC in a dedicated way. I expect DDL DML level access to the DBMS is needed, check the EGRC docs and your settings to the account. Ik know sometimes the installation process is asking the sysadmin and (root) domain/machine admin) for that.
At Windows the accounts for using SAS are needing special privileges (logon as batch). Check the Enterprise docs.
I have seen your log but there is missing a lot of needed information.
Commonly the answer is .... Call TS.
By that you are still needing to give all background info on you special situation.