BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Clash
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi!

I have a warning when running my RD environment, does anyone know how I change the length of reserved variables (in my case, the variable Currency)?

My warning -->

WARNING: Values for policy variable "Currency" will be truncated because the declared length (3) is less than the actual length
(32) of variable "Currency". This variable is in policy data set "AKT_RDE_TOTAL_PORTFOLIO" of portfolio data source

When trying to correct this in my declare statement, 

declare instvars=( CURRENCY char 32 var,)

I get this ERROR -->

ERROR: The name "CURRENCY" is reserved and cannot be used as the name of a user defined variable.

Any input is helpful, 

Regards,

/Claes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MHarvey_sas
SAS Moderator

Hi Claes,

If you set the width of the currency variable in the data set to 3, then the warning ought to go away. 

The error is telling you that you cannot use a reserved variable name when you declare an instrument variable.  The Procedures Guide lists system-defined variables and other reserved variable names.

Please let me know if this solves your problem. 

Thanks,

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MHarvey_sas
SAS Moderator

Hi Claes,

If you set the width of the currency variable in the data set to 3, then the warning ought to go away. 

The error is telling you that you cannot use a reserved variable name when you declare an instrument variable.  The Procedures Guide lists system-defined variables and other reserved variable names.

Please let me know if this solves your problem. 

Thanks,

Michael

Clash
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Michael!
Thanks, that was my solution. Wasn't aware that I couldn't change the characteristic of some pre defined variables.

Best regards,
Claes