BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GN0001
Barite | Level 11

Hello team,

I have inherited SAS code that I need to understand.

I am trying to run each piece of code or I run the whole code, nothing has been written to SAS Log. I wonder if there a keyword that prevents from everything written to SAS log.

Regards,

blueblue

Blue Blue
11 REPLIES 11
GN0001
Barite | Level 11
Hello,
Thanks for the response. I have not seen nonotes on the code. I will search for it tomorrow.
Regards,
blueblue
Blue Blue
tarheel13
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Does it have proc printto?
GN0001
Barite | Level 11

Hello team,

Yes it has logpath, logfile and printto. I took the off, still I can't view the log, so I can't understand what code does.

thanks,

blueblue

Blue Blue
GN0001
Barite | Level 11

Yes, it does.

Thanks,

blueblue

Blue Blue
Reeza
Super User

And %INCLUDE means the code in the link isn't piped to the logs either unless the SOURCE option is specified.

And most importantly - did you actually call the macro?

GN0001
Barite | Level 11

I am not worried about include statement which is a call to other macros in other file and I saw macros in that file has include statements, which in turn point to other files, nest include statement.

The code has source and source2 in the beginning of the code. 

I don't want to save the log in a location as the owner of code has done it. I want to view the code in the log so I can find out how the program works.

Thanks,

blue blue

Blue Blue
GN0001
Barite | Level 11

Hello Reeza,

I can see source and source2. 

I will let you know if there is a call to the Macro. I just can't see anything written to the log. Log itself is saved somewhere in a directory. I can view it, I'd like to view it in sas log, the one which is gone after we close the program. That way, I can understand what each code does.

Regards,

blueblue

Blue Blue
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Comment or remove PROC PRINTTO then.

Ksharp
Super User
OPTION NONOTES nosource nosource2;
GN0001
Barite | Level 11

Hello team,

I commented out logpath and logfile and now I can see the log.

Regards,

blue blue

Blue Blue

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation