BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASUserRocks
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Programming Friends

Need a help here a bit. I have developed a script that will process an excel file and send email to recipients based on certain conditions and the processing is inside macros. Not sure why while scheduling the job, not getting desired output.

Program runs fine when manually executed in EG. Attaching code, emails for reference.

SASUserRocks_0-1711037042763.png

Content when triggered manually :-

Dear Shamsa Aljaradi, This is test email from SAS as part of ICCS Notification automation

Seeking your kind attention to the below pending cheque in Referral queue. The details are appended in below table for your easy reference. Kindly clear the same in case you wish to proceed.

S.No.

QUEUENAME

BUSINESSCATEGORY

PROFITCENTER

RMCODE

RMNAME

CUSTOMERNAME

CUSTACCOUNTNO

AMOUNT

ODTODATPOSTING

REFERREDREASON

ICCSInward_Referral

AUHCORP

COR100124

Shamsa Aljaradi

ABU DHABI MAINTENANCE AND CONSTRUCTION COMPANY

ACCOUNT FORCEPOSTED

Note: This is an automated email from SAS.

Any questions please reach out to CIBG Service quality Team.

Thankyou,

Content when triggered via scheduler:-

The SAS System

Dear &RM_Name, This is test email from SAS as part of ICCS Notification automation

Seeking your kind attention to the below pending cheque in Referral queue. The details are appended in below table for your easy reference. Kindly clear the same in case you wish to proceed.

Note: This is an automated email from SAS.

Any questions please reach out to CIBG Service quality Team.

Thankyou,

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

What exactly does "not giving desired output" mean? Does this mean you get no output? No email? An email but no attachment?

I would suggest setting OPTIONS MPRINT; in the code calling the macros so the log will have more details about the code actually generated.

Then when the SCHEDULER runs the program, show us the entire log for the process.

Since the LOG is text if there are any bits that might be sensitive then replace them with XXXX or 11111 or similar as seems likely.

Best is to copy the log text with the generated code and all the notes or messages. Then on this forum open a text box with the </> icon above the message box and paste the log. Having to work with attachments is bit a problem for some of us so the text box is a better approach.

SASUserRocks
Calcite | Level 5
I mean i am getting an email without proc report and dynamic/calculated RM Name when i run through scheduler. Unfortunately i am not sure how to retrieve logs, also unable to schedule any more new job due to unable to save metadata error. Planning to take help from sas admin tomorrow. However one change i made to code so far is changing all work library to existing library because i feel somehow the proc import and other queries are not executing properly through deployed job.
SASUserRocks
Calcite | Level 5

Also i am getting file attachment correctly. proc report is missing as well Please check the code and email attached along with.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation