BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anirudhs
Obsidian | Level 7

Need a code to implement the row level security to a dataset in enterprise guide.

please also let me know the what columns should the excel contain with the condition.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

This has been asked many times before, for instance:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/Row-Level-Locking/td-p/74725

This; "please also let me know the what columns should the excel contain with the condition." makes no sense at all?

anirudhs
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi this is not what i am looking for as i am not looking for data lock to dataset.. i am looking for row level security where the specified user can access only the data through the given condition as which is managed in VA .
the same way using the code. where you have to pass the condition for users with their user id using the excel in enterprise guide.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Perhaps a bit egocentric to promote my own post, but I think it'll give you some starting point in your row level access journey:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Enforce-Row-Level-Access/ta-p/223870

Data never sleeps
s_lassen
Meteorite | Level 14

I would make a view containing a subset of data, and then use standard security to give users access to the view instead of the original table. Only problem is, SAS does not do that (yet). In SAS you have to have read access to the table in order to use the view.

So my suggestion is that you move your data to a database system that has that kind of built-in row-level security, e.g. SQL Server. Of course, there may be an additional cost here, if you do not already have a SAS/Access license for the database you decide to use (the databases, e.g. the Express Edition of SQL Server, you can often get for free, on the other hand).

The alternative could be to encrypt and password-protect the table, and hide the password in a view declaration (Data step views compiled with the SOURCE=NOSAVE option, for instance, will not let the user see the underlying code), e.g.:

data user1/view=user1(source=nosave);
  set mydata(where=(country='SWEDEN') read=mysecretpassword);
run;  

which will give users with access to the USER1 view to view the Swedish records, but not the others, unless they know the secret password.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation