BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
limlemon
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek some guidance regarding the SAS Studio practice files for Programming1. Specifically, I am having trouble setting up the setup and createsata files.

I have followed the instructions provided in the documentation, but I am still encountering issues. Can anyone offer some advice or suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can provide. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

sas 2.png

sas 3.png

sas.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
limlemon
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

After taking a closer look at my file paths, I realized that I was copying the EPG1V2 path instead of the DATA folder.

Once I corrected this error and updated the file paths accordingly, I was able to successfully set up the files as intended. I apologize for any confusion that may have caused, and I appreciate your prompt assistance in helping me troubleshoot this issue.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This looks like SAS on Demand, which runs on UNIX (Linux). You must therefore use forward slashes to separate the elements in your path. The backslash has a completely different use in UNIX systems.

/home/s.....
limlemon
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello @Kurt_Bremser ,

Thank you for your prompt response to my query regarding the SAS Studio platform. I appreciate your suggestion to use forward slashes instead of backslashes to separate the elements in my path.

However, even after making the necessary changes and using forward slashes in my path, I am still facing issues with setting up the files.

sas 4.png

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The code expects the presence of a program file "pg1v2.sas", which, as can be seen in the navigation pane, is not there. This means that part of the setup process was omitted or failed.

Calling out to @Cynthia_sas , she usually knows where all the files should be and how they are created.

limlemon
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

After taking a closer look at my file paths, I realized that I was copying the EPG1V2 path instead of the DATA folder.

Once I corrected this error and updated the file paths accordingly, I was able to successfully set up the files as intended. I apologize for any confusion that may have caused, and I appreciate your prompt assistance in helping me troubleshoot this issue.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, Kurt, This student was correct, the PG1 library, expects the full path like this:
libname pg1 '/home/<userID>/EPG1V2/data';
So if they end the path with just EPG1V2, they will receive errors as shown in the OP's screen shot.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation