BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rampsas1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have taken the A00-232 practice exam here: https://learn.sas.com/course/view.php?id=9

I can "re-attempt QUIZ" seemingly as many times as desired.

However, it is always the exact same exam (with the exact same questions).

Can I take a different A00-232 practice exam with different questions (even for purchase), and if so, how / where?

many thanks for any guidance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark2010
SAS Employee

It is correct that it is only a single version of the exam. You will see the same questions upon repeated attempts. This is why we encourage the use of the practice exam as a final check after you have completed your preparation, study, and practice for the exam rather than earlier in the process. Relying on the practice exam as preparation will cause you to 'overfit' your prep towards the specific questions on the practice exam and not cover all topics on the A00-232 Exam Content Guide.

We also strongly caution against using unauthorized third party 'practice' exams. They are fraught with errors and often are the same practice exam that we provide for free, but put behind a pay-wall.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mark2010
SAS Employee

It is correct that it is only a single version of the exam. You will see the same questions upon repeated attempts. This is why we encourage the use of the practice exam as a final check after you have completed your preparation, study, and practice for the exam rather than earlier in the process. Relying on the practice exam as preparation will cause you to 'overfit' your prep towards the specific questions on the practice exam and not cover all topics on the A00-232 Exam Content Guide.

We also strongly caution against using unauthorized third party 'practice' exams. They are fraught with errors and often are the same practice exam that we provide for free, but put behind a pay-wall.  

Rampsas1
Obsidian | Level 7

Many thanks for the reply. Your explanation and guidance make sense. I will mark this specific inquiry as 'answered.'

Additionally, being that you are an official SAS employee, I might also direct you to my post below regarding an 'observation' about a specific question on the A00-232 practice exam.

(I - and at least one other - believe this is likely an oversight in the question wording and/or expected answer. Not a real issue on the practice exam but would be an issue if the same question and expected answer appears on the actual exam) 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/SAS-Exam-A00-232-specific-question-regarding-comma-se...

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation