BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ppagan95
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all,

I have a weighted dataset. I want to do a mediation analysis using PROC Causalmed, including covariates, weights, and boostrap confidence intervals. From the SAS/STAT 15.2 manual it does say that weights are now supported. However, when I use the weight statement in SAS 9.4 and Enterprise 8.2, the weight statement is highlighted red. When I run the code it shows that the analysis is weighted, there are no errors or warnings. However, from searching online the red text seems to indicate an error. Should I be concerned about a potential issue in the code or results?

1 REPLY 1
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @ppagan95 and welcome to the SAS Support Communities!

Don't worry. The WEIGHT statement was already introduced in SAS/STAT 15.1 (see documentation What’s New in SAS/STAT 15.1). So, if you are using this or a later version (which you can check in the log or in the output of proc product_status; run;), this feature works -- whether the syntax highlighting of some program editor recognizes it or not. I have seen similar incorrect red highlighting of newly introduced keywords in other procedures. People running their programs in batch mode or using a different editor might not even notice the highlighting. A clean log and output is what counts.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation