BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS93
Quartz | Level 8

I tried copy-paste from the PDF of the paper, but I think I might've skipped some lines and it didn't work when I ran it. 

I just want something straight forward to download and use  that I didn't have to run the risk of missing statements or lines. 

2 REPLIES 2
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

This macro was created by the paper's author, and no download link was provided. The paper contains contact information for the author - I suggest you ask him.

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
ballardw
Super User

If you mean that you extracted text from a PDF document it is up to you to verify what you copy.

It is not uncommon with such tasks to have stuff like page numbers that should not belong in code get copied.

Also some document creators may replace simple text characters with unicode or things like "smart quotes". If you code shows curly quotes then those are smart quotes and the SAS programming language doesn't recognize them.

And the generic:
Doesn't work is awful vague.

Are there errors in the log?: Post the code and log in a code box opened with the "<>" to maintain formatting of error messages.

No output? Post any log in a code box. Run macros with the OPTION MPRINT; set to show the text generated by the macro code.

Unexpected output? Provide input data in the form of data step code pasted into a code box, the actual results and the expected results. Instructions here: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... will show how to turn an existing SAS data set into data step code that can be pasted into a forum code box using the "</>" icon or attached as text to show exactly what you have and that we can test code against.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation