BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Hello Folks, A fellow colleague and friend asked me for a solution for the following problem.

She says-"somehow I couldn't use %include in sas eg.  it works when I connect to local, but doesn't work when I connect to SASApp server.  The program file is on the sharedrive.  so is it in local? if I connect to local, it works. I store a macro as a .sas. could like to call it whenever I need it"

LOG note:

WARNING: Apparent invocation of macro CIS_TELLER_TRANSACTION not resolved.
26 %CIS_Teller_Transaction;
_

Any advice for a fix would be greatly appreciated. 

PS I am afraid these things are not my cup of tea, so seeking your earnest help. Thank you in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm assuming the %INCLUDE file is a program defining the macro CIS_Teller_Transaction - is this correct?

If the %INCLUDE fails when running on your remote SAS server, that simply means the shared folder location of the SAS program is not defined, or is defined differently on that server. Talk to your SAS administrator to resolve this as it has to be fixed at the OS level and is not really a SAS problem.

Posting the %INCLUDE statement and error would help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm assuming the %INCLUDE file is a program defining the macro CIS_Teller_Transaction - is this correct?

If the %INCLUDE fails when running on your remote SAS server, that simply means the shared folder location of the SAS program is not defined, or is defined differently on that server. Talk to your SAS administrator to resolve this as it has to be fixed at the OS level and is not really a SAS problem.

Posting the %INCLUDE statement and error would help.

unison
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Try opening the program and Save As to a location on the server. Then include with the path to the file on the server.

Otherwise, you will need to save it to a network drive that the remote machine has access to - for example, we run SAS on a linux machine and have a network drive specifically for exporting datasets to be retrieved locally.

-unison
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Thank you @SASKiwi  and @unison  for your responses. She says

From her:

"Thanks

The two replies in the community are what I thought too, the sharedrive I used may not the one of the SASApp server.  Server could need a special connection.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks."

Subject: %Include failing in SAS EG app server

From me to her:

"Hey, Just to confirm my understanding and the discussion we had , I posted the question to see what responses we could get"

ballardw
Super User

Network environment and UNC paths may be the solution if currently using drive letters in a Windows environment. Once spent hours trying to resolve "missing data" between two users to eventually find that drive Q: which looked the same for the first 40+ characters wasn't actually the same UNC path, one of those 0 O issues hard to see in long names with lots of digits in various directories.

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Thank you Sir @ballardw  I will ask my colleague to read your post too. She might not know unless I let her know. Cheers!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation