BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rani1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Currently, I'm facing performance issue in one of my SAS report. The issue is that, The report is taking(30 minute) more time to run due to large volume of data and large number of columns. I'm are having 170 columns and 50,000+ records in the data set. I have used PROC REPORT step to load the data to excel(Used STPBEGIN and STPEND to load the data into excel) in Stored Process and PROC STEP is running around 30 mins due to 156 columns and 50,000+ records. How to run the reduce the report run time without minimizing the columns?.

Thanks,

Rani

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Some example data and the Proc Report code could be helpful.

Many times pre-summarizing data before a report procedure, either Proc Report or Proc Tabulate, can make a big difference.

Also with your statement of "156 columns" the main issue might be just creating the ods table structure prior to output and not actually calculations, in which case there may not be much that would reduce time.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation