BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
patelakash89
Calcite | Level 5

I am from gaming company as we have purcahsed the slot game software from a company who build the slot game for us as they have built the game on unix (ubantu) and used serial connection to communicate with printer and Bill validator. we are different company who has never work with sas protocol which is being widly used in slot gaming industry. our question is, when customer cash out ticket as it prints the barcode with all details and we want to decode that bar code as how can we do that? is there anyone who can guide us? 

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

I suspect you have the wrong SAS unfortunately. 

Slot Accounting System (SAS) is a gaming communication protocol (I think), not related to the SAS software that does data analysis, unless you're using SAS to analyze your data somehow?

These are highly regulated systems and protocols.....

https://dojmt.gov/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/sasimplementationguide1.pdf

Not to be confused with SASpy which is used to connect SAS to Python. 

But this one is related to the SAS you're interested in... I think.

https://github.com/thomas-pythonas/saspy

@patelakash89 wrote:

I am from gaming company as we have purcahsed the slot game software from a company who build the slot game for us as they have built the game on unix (ubantu) and used serial connection to communicate with printer and Bill validator. we are different company who has never work with sas protocol which is being widly used in slot gaming industry. our question is, when customer cash out ticket as it prints the barcode with all details and we want to decode that bar code as how can we do that? is there anyone who can guide us? 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation