BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mohan_Reddy
Obsidian | Level 7

Through this below existing dataset(First picture) i want make a report like second picture........Please write a code for this SAS Task ...

First Picture   :   Existing dataset

Second Picture : Output Report

IMG-20200303-WA0073.jpegIMG-20200303-WA0065.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
ballardw
Super User

It is very hard to code against pictures. And in this case, I can't get the text of the "dataset" picture to be legible due to orientation and font size.

For your report you would likely also have to tell us whether the headings "EAG + PCG", "Niki" and what ever that cutoff heading is, come from values of one or more variables or not. Also any whether any of the fields in the body are supposed to be summaries such as sums (and from which variable(s) ) or grouping values and using which variable(s).

Mohan_Reddy
Obsidian | Level 7

I Have attached one excel file..so please import that excel file to SAS..Then see below picture and i want make a report like exactly show in this picture..please write a report code for this...IMG-20200303-WA0081.jpgr this...

Mohan_Reddy
Obsidian | Level 7

I have attached Excel file..please import that file into SAS..then make a report like below picture exactly...please help us in programme.IMG-20200303-WA0080.jpg

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Please stop double-posting questions! Fix issues with the way you are asking for help in the original-message. You message still lacks relevant information: you have not explained anything and you have not posted data in an usable form.

Mohan_Reddy
Obsidian | Level 7

I have attached some Excel files ..Through that files want to make a report like below picture shown.Please make a programme for that..IMG-20200304-WA0031.jpeg

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

You will likely need to amend your question/request for people to give you helpful answers. 

Here some guidance how you could improve your question.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I merged the multiple posts back into the original one.

1. Do NOT double-post.
  2. Supply example data in usable form, in data steps with datalines, so we can recreate the data with a simple copy/paste and submit.
  3. Excel files are blocked from downloading at many corporate sites, and they can not convey all the important information contained in a dataset; they are mostly useless.
  4. If you post pictures at all, take care that they are correctly oriented. We're not fond of working with our heads turned sideways.
  5. If you already have a visual sample of a report, how was that created? Show the code.
  6. Show the code you already tried.
  7. Don't just ask "write the code for me". If you need a consultant to do your work for you, hire one. Again, show what you tried, including logs and results that did not meet your expectations.
ballardw
Super User

The first step in creating a report in SAS is going to be creating a SAS data set.

Do you have your data in SAS? If so then you can provide a useable example of the data in the form of a data step.

Instructions here: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... will show how to turn an existing SAS data set into data step code that can be pasted into a forum code box using the {i} icon or attached as text to show exactly what you have and that we can test code against.

Reasons XLS (besides being old formats) are not good:

1) we do not know if some fields should be character or numeric, which becomes very important when combining multiple sources of data, or what the maximum length of a character variable should be

2) frequently spreadsheets will have mixed types of data in a single column which means that lots of work will need to be done to get a useable SAS data set

3) block data formats with columns meaning different things on different rows

4) values that need to be available for each record in a data set for processing occur on only one row or as a column heading

5) data in column headings such as dates or store names

6) characteristics of importance indicated with color, comments or font and border appearance, not the actual values.

7) summary values, and sometimes not even indicated as such, in rows and/or columns

That is just for starters.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation