BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
olsengf
Fluorite | Level 6

I have what I assume would be an easy question to answer, but after a few days of searching I can't find any examples of what I'm trying to do . I have a very straightforward PROC REPORT that displays subtotals and the grand total grouping on a single column. Instead of having the subtotals displayed after each value that I am grouping on, I would like all of the subtotals displayed at the bottom, right above the grand total. Is there an option in compute to display these subtotals at the bottom of the report?

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You could probably do the computations in PROC SUMMARY, then "sort" the output to have the subtotals just above the grand total. Then run PROC REPORT.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

You will likely get a better answer if you provide data in the form of a working data step and your current proc report code plus the expected results.

Often custom reports require some modification of the data to better align with the tools in Proc Report (or other procedures) options.

There is a reason that SAS has published books just on using Proc Report.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation