BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
siddhu1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Team,

I am trying to run the sample code in both SAS PC and SAS Studio.

I have noticed the variable is increased almost 3 times in SAS Studio comparatively SAS PC.

Due to which the output file size has been increased almost 3 times that of SAS PC.

Note: The number of observations and variables are same , but the variable length and disk space has been varied.

Can anyone help us on this.

Thanks,

Siddhu1

3 REPLIES 3
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Did you forget to attach the code to your message?  Without example code we have nothing to comment on.

Quentin
Super User

My guess is your PC sas session uses Latin encoding but the Studio session is running on a machine with UTF-8 encoding, which uses 3 bytes to store a single text character instead of 1 byte.  For more on encoding, see e.g. https://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/sas-global-forum-proceedings/2020/4561-2020.pdf

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Reeza
Super User
Are you using proc import to import your data or are you using a data step that assigns the same lengths, type and format?
Are you using the Same OS in each installation, ie is PC on Windows and Studio also on Windows or Unix?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation