BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
adri05sv
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to normalize some data using the proc transreg boxcox statement. The data are different scores for locomotion ability, skin and limb lesions in pigs as well as behavioural data. I used the following statement

proc transreg data=TEMP outtest=TEMPb ss2 cli;

model boxcox(variable)=identity (pig);

run; quit ;

however I get the following message in the log window ‘Output data set options specified on the PROC statement are ignored when there is

no OUT= data set’ and I get a table that is basically the same info that I get in the output window. If I ask for an output out then I get the same table and another one that supposedly contains the transformed value but rest of the data (dates, pig number, etc) is missing.

If I then I check for normality the 'transformed' value again it is not normal. Any advise in this matter will be very much appreciated as I am pretty confused and I do not know what to do next

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Shouldn't you have an OUTPUT statement where you can specify the dataset name using the OUT=.

proc transreg data=TEMP outtest=TEMPb ss2 cli;

model boxcox(variable)=identity (pig);

output out=tempnorm ;

run; quit ;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation