BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mbieganski
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,
our smf 118 records apparently are writing the start and end connect times as GMT. I see sas 9.2 formats such as E8601 and B8601 in Sas 9.2 but see nothing comparable in 9.1.3?
Is there a format I'm not seeing that will seemlessly subtract the 6 hours from the time10. format so the report shows CST rather than the GMT time?
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
This topic has been discussed previously - search archives for GMT SMF, however there is only the INTNX function to adjust for time-zone (for SMF data, as you mention) based on the SMFID (also in the record).

Also, strongly recommend you move to the SMF type 119 for TCP/IP activity on the IBM mainframe environment. And, check with your SAS administrator to see if you have an MXG software license which handles decoding both SMF 118, 119 and many other mainframe record data-sources.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Suggested Google advanced search argument, this topic / post:

intnx function site:sas.com Message was edited by: sbb
mbieganski
Calcite | Level 5
Hello Scott,
Actually I did search & see the reference you spoke to, but since the thread also mentioned formats that are not available in 9.1.3, I wanted to double-check that 9.1.3 did not have some format of its own that just wasn't spoken to.
Thanks for your suggestion in INTNX...not as elegant as using a ready made format but thats the price we pay for being on the release we are.
thanks!
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I'm curious - how would you expect the ready-made format to operate, given the input data-field for the SMF type 118 record-format?

You would need to have an embedded GMT offset in the input-data record, which doesn't exist, as coded by IBM.

For consideration, the INTNX function allows you to treat the "datetime" field / variable and the "time-offset" field / variable separately as passed arguments.

Or when there is no GMT offset in the data-record (as is the case for the SMF 118), you can decide on the adjustment time-amount (either on the hour or half-hour, depending on your time-zone) to use as the third argument passed to INTNX, passed as a literal amount "hh:mm:ss"T or using the HMS(hh,mm,ss) function.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation