BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Has anyone used this option in 9.1.3?  I'm trying to gain insight into a pass-through statement going to Oracle.  I put the following in front of the Proc sql statement:

options sastrace=’,,d,’ sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix;

and got back the following error:

ERROR: Invalid option value ’ for SAS option TOKEN_INVALID,YYRTOK.
61                           ,,d,’ sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix;
                                                The SAS System

_

ERROR 14-12: Invalid option value ’ for SAS option TOKEN_INVALID,YYRTOK.

ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.

Thanks!

--Ben

7 REPLIES 7
art297
Opal | Level 21

I've never used the option, but your statement appears to have one less comma than the statement shown in at least the 9.2 documentation.  i.e.,

options sastrace=',,,d' sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix;
BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9

This is actually running under 9.1.3, so it may have changed going to 9.2.  The different values (according to page 273 of the SAS/Access for Relational Databases (9.1.3) are:

’,,,d’

’,,d,’

’,,,s’

’,,,sa’

’,,t,’

off

I picked the first one.

--Ben

art297
Opal | Level 21

I don't know if it makes a difference but, if you look closely at the documentation, there is a space right after the initial quotation mark.  i.e., ' ,,d,'

sassharp
Calcite | Level 5

options sastrace=’,,d,’

I think you are copying the code and pasting in the code window. I dont mean its wrong. I mean just hard code quotation marks like '  '

Make sure once you pasted the code remove your single quotes and type again.

art297
Opal | Level 21

I agree with sassharp!  I don't know if the leading space makes a difference, or not, but both of the following executed for me without error:

options sastrace=',,d,' sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix;

options sastrace=' ,,d,' sastraceloc=saslog nostsuffix;

But it sure would be nicer if code shown in the documentation could ALWAYS simply copied and pasted.  Unfortuanately, it isn't, especially with respect to quotation marks.

BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Found the issue: the SAS docs use single quotes in their examples; using double quotes resolved the syntax problem.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the install locally or something else.  Very strange.

Thanks very much for your help!

--Ben

sassharp
Calcite | Level 5

I think even single quotes also works. But you need to type single quotes from your key board instead of copying the code from some where else.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation