Help using Base SAS procedures

"View in Excel" right-click fly-out menu from Explorer pane

N/A

"View in Excel" right-click fly-out menu from Explorer pane

Version 9 -- does anyone know how to suppress the "SAS" header that defaults in the Excel output when right-clicking on a dataset in the Explorer pane and clicking "View in Excel"?
Valued Guide

Re: "View in Excel" right-click fly-out menu from Explorer pane

Posted in reply to deleted_user
replicate the code being generated and add that ods option which puts a title on the html page. there are examples around.
See Richard Devenezia's web site section "Actions" on
http://www.devenezia.com. The whole site is good value, but you can go straight to the section about these SAS Explorer Actions via http://www.devenezia.com/downloads/sas/actions/ . It was a few years ago I was seeking such explorer behaviour so there might be some more sites now.
These "actions" must be commands, but the GSUBMIT "string" command submits "string" like a statement.

good luck
enjoy extending your working environment with behaviour of your choice!

PeterC
N/A

Hi Peter -- I'm not sure exactly what piece of code is needed to suppress that SAS header line. What I simply want to do is right-click on the dataset in the Explorer pane > "View in Excel" and then have the dataset output without the SAS header line. I did look in your documents and not quite sure if I need to go the ODS route? Does that mean I wouldn't do the right-click anymore?
Valued Guide

sorry, can't respond before middle of next week. Hope some other will be able to help if you need it before then. Those "actions" create behaviour and notes in online doc as well as thatr site tell you how to pass information from explorer into the action. Create a macro with parameters fed from the explorer ..... more next week
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation