Help using Base SAS procedures

proc ttest

Contributor

proc ttest

Hi hope some one can help me , i need to make a HISTOGRAM plot via ttest .

cant seem to make it work can anyone help ???

ods graphics on;

ods rtf;                                                                                                                                     

data q4;                                                                                                                               

infile 'kredit.txt';                                                  

input tz 1-9 kredit 11 hight 13-15 .1;                                                                                                  

proc ttest plots = all;                                                                                                                                    

class kredit;                                                                                                                          

var hight;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

run;       

ods rtf close;

317  proc ttest plots = all;

----- -

22    200

ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: ;, ALPHA, CI, COCHRAN, DATA, H0.

ERROR 200-322: The symbol is not recognized and will be ignored.

319  class kredit;

ERROR: File WORK.ALL.DATA does not exist

Super User

Re: proc ttest

Break up the code and check each section.

did the file import correctly? Check your input statement, there's a .1 there that seems random

data q4;                                                                                                                               

infile 'kredit.txt';                                                  

Try specifying the dataset directly,

proc ttest data=q4 plots=all;

class kredit;

var hight;

run;

Contributor

yeh i tried that ... still does not work .... any other ideas ?

could it be something to do with,   ods graphics on;  ?

Trusted Advisor

clcl,

It would help to see more.

Start with a new SAS session (your log showed line 317, so the underlying problem could have been earlier), run just that code and post the ENTIRE log.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

Contributor

see below code and log , thanks !!!

ods graphics on;

ods rtf;

data q4;                                                                                                                               

infile 'C:\Documents and Settings\Larah\My Documents\Google Drive\Test 6\kredit.txt';                                                  

proc ttest data=q4 plots=all;

class kredit;

var hight;

run;                                                                                                                              

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20   ods graphics on;

NOTE: ODS Statistical Graphics will require a SAS/GRAPH license when it is declared production.

21   ods rtf;

NOTE: Writing RTF Body file: sasrtf.rtf

23   data q4;

25   infile 'C:\Documents and Settings\Larah\My Documents\Google Drive\Test 6\kredit.txt';

26   input tz 1-9 kredit 11 hight 13-15 .1;

NOTE: The infile 'C:\Documents and Settings\Larah\My Documents\Google Drive\Test 6\kredit.txt'

is:

File Name=C:\Documents and Settings\Larah\My Documents\Google Drive\Test 6\kredit.txt,

RECFM=V,LRECL=256

NOTE: 99 records were read from the infile 'C:\Documents and Settings\Larah\My Documents\Google

Drive\Test 6\kredit.txt'.

The minimum record length was 37.

The maximum record length was 37.

NOTE: The data set WORK.Q4 has 99 observations and 3 variables.

NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):

real time           0.19 seconds

cpu time            0.03 seconds

29   proc ttest data=q4 plots=all;

------

22   200

ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: ;, (, ALPHA, CI, COCHRAN, DATA, H0.

ERROR 200-322: The symbol is not recognized and will be ignored.

30   class kredit;

WARNING: Ignoring second data set reference.

31   var hight;

32   run;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE TTEST used (Total process time):

real time           0.07 seconds

cpu time            0.01 seconds

36   ods rtf close;

ods rtf close;

Regular Contributor

What version of SAS are you using, because the PLOTS statement for PROC TTEST only became available in 9.2.  I have 9.1.3 and am getting the same error message as you, so I suspect that is the cause.

Contributor

yes i am also running 9.1.3 , so there is no way to make the plot ??? in our version ?

Regular Contributor

Not in TTEST.  I tend to use PROC UNIVARIATE to create histograms, so I guess you can create an output dataset in TTEST and then use UNIVARIATE to produce the histogram.

Contributor

thanks !!!

Super User

I don't think you need to output from proc TTest

Something like the following should give you similar results, but I have 9.3 so I might be wrong.

ods graphics on;

proc univariate data=sashelp.class noprint;

class sex;

histogram weight;

run;

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation